Who is it for?
This course is aimed at centre managers with team lead responsibilities or those preparing for such a role. It is grounded in expert knowledge and will provide in-depth training on the key activities and skills required to run single or multi-functional teams within a GBS environment.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Candidates who have already completed studies up to honours degree level (Level 8) are eligible to enter for the course. For those who do not meet this entry criterion a non-standard entry pathway is available and details are available on request.
What do you get?
Graduates of this programme will be eligible for the award Postgraduate Certificate in Global Business Services. The course is a Level 9 postgraduate certificate course on the NFQ with 30 ECTS.
How is it delivered?
The majority of module content will be delivered online with an additional 4 days face-to-face module delivery at TU Dublin (Aungier Street Campus).
What Will You Learn?
The course is structured into four main areas:
You will learn about;
1. Strategy and Information
- GBS operations in the context of business strategy, GBS models and best practices
- Information: GBS objectives, developing SLAs & KPIs and explaining requirements for GBS reporting
2. Placement and process
- Service Placement: Placement of services (corporate, shared services, business units, etc.)
- Process Sourcing: Strategy for captive vs. outsourced sourcing, location selection and site build-out
- Process Design and Enabling Technologies: Process designs, SOPs, process and technology migration and improvements
3. Organisation and governance
- Skills and Talent: GBS staffing, developing teams and people capabilities
- Organisation: Developing organization models and detailed organization charts
- Governance: Governance models and accountability
4. Service and transformation management
- Service Management: Service management, pricing, managing supply and demand, talent management, business continuity management and continuous improvement
- Transformation Management: Transformation management strategy, stakeholder management and transformation projects
Professional Development Programme in Global Business (Shared) Services
The Postgraduate Certificate in GBS is part of a wider professional development programme which aims to develop the core knowledge, skills and competencies of the GBS (Shared Services) talent pool in Ireland based on internationally recognised best practice. The entire suite of programmes has been developed through a unique collaboration of the TU Dublin (Aungier Street Campus) and The Hackett Institute, the professional education arm of The Hackett Group, supported and funded by Skillnets Ireland, IDA Ireland, American Chamber of Commerce in Ireland, Technology Ireland and their member companies. Together they have crafted a rigorous globally unique set of integrated academic qualifications which will be easy for individuals to access and which are based on cutting-edge insights and best practices.
All enquiries to email@example.com