What Is A MSc in FinTech Innovation?
This innovative online MSc in Fintech Innovation will equip graduates with critical insights into Fintech across the key pillars of finance, technology and innovation. It meets the needs and contributes significantly to future proofing the financial operations across all domains including the financial services sector itself. Find out more about Fintech in our blog here
How Will This Course Benifit You?
- Digital technologies and developments are continuing to influence transformation in business and operational models. Knowing your customer (KYC) is central to these models, embracing key innovative tools such as data analytics, design thinking, sprints, development operations and UX.
- This has created a growing demand for talent with the ability to transcend knowledge domains in finance, innovation and technology. This flexibility is required to support inter-and multidisciplinary innovation teams to work with agility.
- This leads to the development of products and services for B2B, B2C or new hybrid products and services reaching the market. Participants also have the opportunity to engage with and learn from our industry partners through our panel of Emerging Technology Series of Thought Leaders.
Why Should I Study Fintech Innovation?
- This unique programme is designed to ensure continued pushing of the boundaries of innovative thinking and opportunity recognition in Fintech.
- The programme will be delivered by a dedicated team of specialist lecturers in the Munster Technological University complimented by a series of expert guest speakers from Industry and Academia.
- This collaborative venture of academia and industry experts will ensure participants are exposed to cutting edge thinking and research in FinTech Innovation.
What Will I learn?
Modules for this MSc course in Fintech Innovation include;
•Service Design for Financial Strategy
•Data Analytics in Fintech
•Financial Information Analysis
•Leveraging Cloud Technologies
•Cyber Security or Management Law (electives)
•Innovating through an Entrepreneurial Mind-Set
•Development Operations for Process Management
•Organisational Culture & Leadership
•Financial Service Regulation.
How Is The Course Delievered?
- The MSc in Fintech Innovation course is delivered online part-time over four semesters i.e. from September 2022 to June 2023 and from September 2023 to May 2024. The Capstone Project is completed in the student’s own time during the period of May to August 2024.
- Online Classes take place two nights per week per semester from 6pm to 9pm. Delivery will be a blend of tutor led classes, live Q&A sessions, and pre-recorded lessons.
What Is The Eligibility Criteria?
- The minimum entry requirement for course participants will be 2nd Class Honours Grade 2, in a Computer Science (Level 8) degree, a Financial Services Level 8 degree, or a degree in a cognate discipline.
- Candidates who do not meet this requirement but who possess relevant skills and learning may be considered under the University’s Recognition of Prior Learning procedure.
- All applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
- IELTS (Academic) – At least 6.5 with no section below 6.0.
- English language tests must be undertaken no more than two years prior to the start of a programme.
What Are The Fees?
- Eligible candidates can avail of the part-funded fees which reduce the cost to €1,995 per annum.
- Candidates will be eligible for part-funded fees providing they are working in private or commercial semi state organisations registered in the Republic of Ireland.
How Do I Apply?
Click on the button here or the enquiry button at the top of the page to submit your CV.