This 9 week full time programme is comprised of a number of modules and an integrated project. The project will be team based, organised and managed using Project Oriented Problem Based learning methods (POPBL). The taught modules will act as an enabler to the project teams, providing them with the fundamental tool-kit to enable successful completion of the projects.
- Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals in Java (Eclipse).
- Aligning to the Java Certified Associate Programmer Syllabus.
Technology and Computer Network Fundamentals
- Introduction to Maths for
- Computer Architecture & Systems (with emphasis on emerging architectures – X86, Blade Clusters ).
- Network Topologies (emphasis on RAN, Wireless Networks including 3G and 4G Networks and also IP based Networks) – plus Market Oriented Technical Snapshots & Product Surveys.
- OSI & TCP/IP protocol
- Network Design, Connectivity & Addressing Scheme
Software Design & Testing
- Development Lifecycle (Requirements to Release).
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design (using UML CASE tool).
- Testing Theory & Practice (CM process and tools).
- Agile Development methodology, including User Stories, Sprints, Pair Programming and Test Driven Development
- Coding Styles and refactoring
- Development of a small project using the Agile development methodology to integrate the learning of the three modules.
Satisfactory completion of the programme will be measured by 3 exams – one for each module along with continuous assessments and an evaluation of the team project.
Satisfactory completion will lead to the award of 20 Level 8 ECTS credits.
Eligibility and Important Information
The Programme is only open to Irish or EEA nationals (or those resident in Republic of Ireland on a Stamp 4 VISA) who are unemployed, though they need not be in receipt of any social welfare payment. Participation in this programme is subject to a selection process and based on criteria which are available on request. Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet has sole discretion and is the final arbiter on who will participate. Making an application is not a guarantee of selection. Applications are treated in strictest confidence.
Applicants accept that no feedback will be provided to them, or any other party regarding the selection process, nor will applicants be provided with any reason for their non-selection.
Please note the MINIMUM educational entry requirement is a Level 8 Honours Degree in Computer Science.
How To Apply
To apply for a place on this programme, please email your CV to email@example.com making sure to include the following information:
- A sentence confirming you are an Irish or EEA national or resident in Republic of Ireland on a Stamp 4 VISA
- Home address
- Phone number and Email Address
- Full details of Educational Qualifications (College, Name of course and grade awarded (or expected) eg 2.1, 1.1 etc etc.)