What We Do For Jobseekers
Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet primarily focuses on supporting those in employment with the ICT sector. Whilst our key focus is on the needs of member companies, we also offer a small number of fully-funded programmes for jobseekers, subject to eligibility criteria and places being available on the programme(s).
We offer a limited number of FREE places to those who are unemployed and seeking to increase their employment prospects through up-skilling in relevant training. If you are currently unemployed, you may be eligible to attend training with Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet with no charge or impact on your social welfare payments or benefits (for those who are in receipt of such payments). Click “eligibility” below for more details.
Several other Skillnet Networks participate in the Skillnet Ireland Emplyoment Activation Programme. This initiative is designed exclusively for unemployed people and includes free training in skills in demand by companies combined with direct access to employers through meaningful work placements. For information on other Skillnet Networks offering free training programmes for those seeking employment, see the Skillnet Ireland website.
Full eligibility criteria is set out by our funding agency Skillnet Ireland and can be found on their website by clicking here
Technology Ireland ICT Skillnet offer a wide range of programmes for the ICT sector. We also develop programmes specifically for jobseekers wishing to enter the ICT sector and these include but are not limited to the following:
- Certificate in Software Engineering
- Higher Certificate in Networking Technologies
- Short workshops on various technical topics
- Free webinars on topical industry themes
- We operate a “first come, first served” basis for all jobseeker places however preference will be given to candidates who have not already taken part in training with us throughout the current year. This is in the interest of fairness to all.
- The decision on whether or not you retain any social welfare benefit you may currently be in receipt of lies with your local social welfare office.
- A selection process takes place ahead of some of our training programmes.
- Being eligible and applying for a place on a programme is not a guarantee of being offered a place.
If you are interested in applying for a place on any of our programmes please ensure that you are registered on our mailing list.
To do this just click here.
Then simply go to our Training Programmes page and use the form at the end of each relevant course outline to enquire if there are free places available.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Contact email@example.com to see if any of the above programmes are currently running.
Click here to be kept informed of upcoming courses